The local village of Lochinver, 4-miles from the caravan site, has a range of shops and places of interest
- Spar (with petrol pumps)
- The Lochinver Larder (which has won awards for their pies)
- Coffee & trade shop The Village Green
- Greenlees & Son Butchers
- The Tourist Information Centre
- Highland Stoneware (for all your pottery needs)
- Inver Lodge Hotel - with a Chef Roux restaurant
- Peet's Restaurant
- The Caberfeildh bar and restaurant
- Albannach Hotel & Restaurant - awarded 1 Michelin Star
- Post Office
- Assynt Medical Centre (Doctors, Nurses, Physiotherapist, etc.)
- Assynt Leisure Centre - there is a gym and sports hall as well as computers for internet use
- An Cala Cafe (formerly Lochinver Mission) - a cafe/restaurant open until 8pm, with a bunk house above
You can walk to the village on the road or over the hill (on the footpath to Baddidarroch) in approx. 1 hour.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: The Royal Bank of Scotland (foolishly) decided to close our branch in Lochinver on the 17th of August 2015. The cash line is still there but, up a set of stairs (it is due to be moved). Most of the businesses take cards but, if you would like to have cash on you please do so before you come to the area - the nearest cash lines and banks are now in Ullapool, 36 miles away!!
There are a number of mountains in the area - including Suilven, Canisp, Quinag and Ben Mor Assynt - which are a great attraction to hill walkers and hikers (please check the mountain walks and local walks pages for more information). Also, if you like fishing you can purchase a permit for the local lochs in a number of the local shops, or take your chances from the rocks to catch mainly pollock, though there are sometimes some mackerel.
Translate This Page